- pertaining to the cult of Apollo.
- (lowercase) serene, calm, or well-balanced; poised and disciplined.
- (lowercase) having the properties of or preferring classic beauty.Compare .
- of or relating to Apollo or the cult of Apollo
- (sometimes not capital) (in the philosophy of Nietzsche) denoting or relating to the set of static qualities that encompass form, reason, harmony, sobriety, etc
- (often not capital) harmonious; serene; ordered
1660s, from Apollon) + . The Greek adjective was Apollonios. The word also is attested in English as Apollinarian (1753), Apolline (c.1600).(Greek