- a subordinate part attached to something; an auxiliary part; addition.
- Anatomy, Zoology. any member of the body diverging from the axial trunk.
- Botany, Mycology. any subsidiary part superadded to another part.
- a person in a subordinate or dependent position, especially a servile or parasitic follower.
- an ancillary or secondary part attached to a main part; adjunct
- zoology any organ that projects from the trunk of animals such as arthropods
- botany any subsidiary part of a plant, such as a branch or leaf
1640s, from+ .
- A part or organ attached to a main structure and subordinate in function or size.