- a mountainous region of ancient Greece, traditionally known for the contented pastoral innocence of its people.
- any real or imaginary place offering peace and simplicity.
- a city in SW California, E of Los Angeles.
- a department of Greece, in the central Peloponnese. Capital: Tripolis. Pop: 91 326 (2001). Area: 4367 sq km (1686 sq miles)
- Also called (poetic): Arcady (ˈɑːkədɪ) the traditional idealized rural setting of Greek and Roman bucolic poetry and later in the literature of the Renaissance