- of or relating to government by an .
- belonging to or favoring the aristocracy.
- characteristic of an aristocratic bearing; aristocratic snobbishness.; having the manners, values, or qualities associated with the aristocracy:
- relating to or characteristic of aristocracy or an aristocrat
- elegant or stylish in appearance and behaviour
c.1600, “pertaining to aristocracy,” from French aristocratique, from Greek aristokratikos “belonging to the rule of the best,” from aristokratia (see ). Meaning “grand, stylish” is from 1845.