[ad_1] noun, plural ar·mor·ies.
- a storage place for weapons and other war equipment.
- a building that is the headquarters and drill center of a military unit.
- a place where arms and armor are made; an armorer’s shop; arsenal.
- Heraldry. the art of blazoning arms.
- arms or armor collectively.
- Archaic. heraldic bearings or arms.
noun plural -mories
- the usual US spelling of
“arms and weapons collectively,” c.1300; see armoierie, from armoier “to blazon,” from Latin arma “weapons” (see (n.2)).(n.2) + . Meaning “place where arms are manufactured” is from mid-15c. Also used in a sense of “arsenal” (mid-15c.), “the science of heraldry” (late 15c.), from Old French