- the head or tip of an arrow, usually separable from the shaft and conventionally wedge-shaped.
- anything resembling or having the conventional shape of an arrowhead.
- Also called swamp potato. any aquatic or bog plant of the genus Sagittaria, having usually arrowhead-shaped leaves and clusters of white flowers.
- any of several other plants having arrowhead-shaped leaves.
- the dartlike form in an egg-and-dart ornament.
- the pointed tip of an arrow, often removable from the shaft
- something that resembles the head of an arrow in shape, such as a triangular decoration on garments used to reinforce joins
- any aquatic herbaceous plant of the genus Sagittaria, esp S. sagittifolia, having arrow-shaped aerial leaves and linear submerged leaves: family Alismataceae
late 15c., from elf-arrows (17c.).+ (n.). Ancient ones dug up were called