- Chester Alan,1830–86, 21st president of the U.S. 1881–85.
- legendary king in ancient Britain: leader of the Knights of the Round Table.
- a male given name.
- a legendary king of the Britons in the sixth century ad, who led Celtic resistance against the Saxons: possibly based on a historical figure; represented as leader of the Knights of the Round Table at Camelot
- Chester Alan. 1830–86, 21st president of the US (1881–85)
- not know whether one is Arthur or Martha Australian and NZ informal to be in a state of confusion
masc. proper name, from Medieval Latin Arthurus/Arturus, from Welsh arth “bear,” cognate with Greek arktos, Latin ursus (see ).