- conforming to the standards of artistic productions.; satisfying aesthetic requirements:
- showing skill or excellence in execution: artistic workmanship.
- exhibiting taste, discriminating judgment, or sensitivity: an artistic arrangement of flowers; artistic handling of a delicate diplomatic situation.
- exhibiting an involvement in or appreciation of art, especially the He had wide-ranging artistic interests.:
- involving only aesthetic considerations, usually taken as excluding moral, practical, religious, political, or similar concerns: artistic principles.
- of art or artistic works.:
- of, like, or thought of as characteristic of an an artistic temperament.:
- of or characteristic of art or artists
- performed, made, or arranged decoratively and tastefully; aesthetically pleasing
- appreciative of and sensitive to beauty in art
- naturally gifted with creative skill
1753, from French artistique, from artiste (see ). Native artist-like was recorded from 1711; artistly from 1754; artistical from 1801. Related: Artistically.