- free from the living germs of disease, fermentation, or putrefaction.
- a product, as milk or fruit juice, that is marketed in an aseptic package or container.
- aseptics, (used with a singular verb) a system of packaging sterilized products in airtight containers so that freshness is preserved for several months.
- free from living pathogenic organisms; sterile
- aiming to achieve a germ-free condition
1859, from(2) “not” + . As a noun from 1884.
- Of, relating to, or characterized by asepsis.
- Free of microorganisms that cause disease.