- an apparatus or device employing suction.
- Hydraulics. a suction pump that operates by the pressure differential created by the high-speed flow of a fluid past an intake orifice.
- Medicine/Medical. an instrument for removing body fluids by suction.
- a device employing suction, such as a jet pump or one for removing fluids from a body cavity
- An apparatus for removing fluid from a body cavity, consisting usually of a hollow needle and a cannula, connected by tubing to a container in which a vacuum is created by a syringe or a suction pump.