verb (used with object), be·guiled, be·guil·ing.
- to influence by trickery, flattery, etc.; mislead; delude.
- to take away from by cheating or deceiving (usually followed by of): to be beguiled of money.
- to charm or divert: a multitude of attractions to beguile the tourist.
- to pass (time) pleasantly: beguiling the long afternoon with a good book.
verb -guiles, -guiling or -guiled (tr)
- to charm; fascinate
- to delude; influence by slyness
- (often foll by of or out of) to deprive (someone) of something by trickery; cheat (someone) of
- to pass pleasantly; while away