- a city in and the capital of Doubs, in E France: Roman ruins.
- a river in E France, flowing into the Saône River. About 260 miles (420 km) long.
- a department in E France. 2031 sq. mi. (5260 sq. km). Capital: Besançon.
- a city in E France, on the Doubs River: university (1422). Pop: 117 733 (1999)
- a department of E France, in Franche-Comté region. Capital: Besançon. Pop: 505 557 (2003 est). Area: 5258 sq km (2030 sq miles)
- a river in E France, rising in the Jura Mountains, becoming part of the border between France and Switzerland and flowing generally southwest to the Saône River. Length: 430 km (267 miles)