- on, at, or to the farther side of: Beyond those trees you’ll find his house.
- farther on than; more distant than: beyond the horizon; beyond the sea.
- outside the understanding, limits, or reach of; past: beyond comprehension; beyond endurance; beyond help.
- superior to; surpassing; above: wise beyond all others.
- more than; in excess of; over and above: to stay beyond one’s welcome.
- farther on or away: as far as the house and beyond.
- the beyond,
- that which is at a great distance.
- Also the great beyond.the afterlife; life after death.
- at or to a point on the other side of; at or to the further side ofbeyond those hills there is a river
- outside the limits or scope ofbeyond this country’s jurisdiction
- at or to the other or far side of something
- outside the limits of something
- the beyond the unknown; the world outside the range of human perception, esp life after death in certain religious beliefs
In addition to the idioms beginning with beyond
- beyond a doubt
- beyond the shadow of a doubt
- beyond comparison
- beyond measure
- beyond one’s depth
- beyond one’s means
- beyond question
- beyond reach
- beyond recall
- beyond reproach
- beyond the call of duty
- beyond the pale
- above and beyond
- back of beyond
- can’t see beyond the end of one’s nose