- a salt of carbonic acid, containing the HCO3−1 group; an acid carbonate, as sodium bicarbonate, NaHCO3.
- a salt of carbonic acid containing the ion HCO 3 –; an acid carbonate
- (modifier) consisting of, containing, or concerned with the ion HCO 3 –a bicarbonate compound Systematic name: hydrogen carbonate
- short for bicarbonate of soda
- The radical group HCO3 or a compound, such as sodium bicarbonate, containing it.
- The group HCO3 or a compound containing it, such as sodium bicarbonate. When heated, bicarbonates give off carbon dioxide.