- pertaining to, involving, or affecting two or both sides, factions, parties, or the like: a bilateral agreement; bilateral sponsorship.
- located on opposite sides of an axis; two-sided, especially when of equal size, value, etc.
- Biology. pertaining to the right and left sides of a structure, plane, etc.
- Chiefly Law. (of a contract) binding the parties to reciprocal obligations.
- through both parents equally: bilateral affiliation.Compare unilateral(def 7).
- Informal. a bilateral agreement, especially regarding international trade.
- having or involving two sides
- affecting or undertaken by two parties; mutuala bilateral treaty
- denoting or relating to bilateral symmetry
- having identical sides or parts on each side of an axis; symmetrical
- sociol relating to descent through both maternal and paternal lineageCompare unilateral (def. 5)
- British relating to an education that combines academic and technical courses
- a bilateral meeting
- Having or formed of two sides; two-sided.
- Having or marked by bilateral symmetry.
Trade dealings between two countries.