- Josh, pen name of Henry Wheeler Shaw.
- William,1746–1800, U.S. composer noted for his hymns.
- a city in S Montana.
- the relative position in which a performer or act is listed on handbills, posters, etc.: A star usually receives billing above the title of the play.
- advertising; publicity: The show was a sellout weeks ahead of the opening because of advance billing.
- the amount of business done by a firm, especially an advertising agency, within a specified period of time.
- an act or instance of preparing or sending out a bill or invoice.
- the total amount of the cost of goods or services billed to a customer, usually covering purchases made or services rendered within a specified period of time.
- theatre the relative importance of a performer or act as reflected in the prominence given in programmes, advertisements, etc
- mainly US and Canadian public notice or advertising (esp in the phrase advance billing)
1875, “announcement on a bill or poster,” verbal noun from bill (v.); hence top billing (1928). Meaning “act of sending out a bill” is recorded from 1908.