- the science of life or living matter in all its forms and phenomena, especially with reference to origin, growth, reproduction, structure, and behavior.
- the living organisms of a region: the biology of Pennsylvania.
- the biological phenomena characteristic of an organism or a group of organisms: She is studying the biology of worms, especially in regard to their reproductive behavior.
- the study of living organisms, including their structure, functioning, evolution, distribution, and interrelationships
- the structure, functioning, etc, of a particular organism or group of organisms
- the animal and plant life of a particular region
- The science of life and of living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, and distribution. It includes botany and zoology.
- The life processes or characteristic phenomena of a group or category of living organisms.
- The scientific study of life and of living organisms. Botany, zoology, and ecology are all branches of biology.
The study of life and living systems.