- the plasma or liquid portion of human blood.
- the pale yellow fluid portion of the blood; blood from which red and white blood cells and platelets have been removed
- a sterilized preparation of this fluid for use in transfusions
- The yellow or gray-yellow, protein-containing fluid portion of blood in which the blood cells and platelets are normally suspended.
- The clear, liquid part of the blood, composed mainly of water and proteins, in which the blood cells are suspended. The blood plasma of mammals also contains platelets.