- See under mockingbird(def 2).
- any of several gray, black, and white songbirds of the genus Mimus, especially M. polyglottos, of the U.S. and Mexico, noted for their ability to mimic the songs of other birds.
- any of various related or similar birds, as Melanotis caerulescens (blue mockingbird), of Mexico.
- Australian any American songbird of the family Mimidae, having a long tail and grey plumage: noted for their ability to mimic the song of other birds
- a small scrub bird, Atrichornis rufescens, noted for its mimicry