noun Automotive Slang.
- the procedure of improving the performance of an engine by dismantling and then rebuilding the reciprocating parts so that they meet exact tolerances.
- a process of photographic printing, used chiefly in copying architectural and mechanical drawings, which produces a white line on a blue background.
- a print made by this process.
- a detailed outline or plan of action: a blueprint for success.
verb (used with object)
- to make a blueprint of or for.
- Also called: cyanotype a photographic print of plans, technical drawings, etc, consisting of white lines on a blue background
- an original plan or prototype that influences subsequent design or practicethe Montessori method was the blueprint for education in the 1940s
- (tr) to make a blueprint of (a plan)