- of or relating to Bologna or its inhabitants.
- Italian Cookery. served with a cream sauce typically containing prosciutto, ground beef, and cheese.
- Fine Arts. noting a style or manner of painting developed in Bologna during the late 16th century by the Carracci, characterized chiefly by forms and colors derived from the Roman high renaissance and from the Venetians.
noun, plural Bo·lo·gnese.
- a native or inhabitant of Bologna.
- of or relating to Bologna or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Bologna
1756, pertaining to Bologna (q.v.).