- a dull, resonant sound, as of a large bell.
verb (used without object)
- to produce this sound: The church bell bonged promptly at noon.
- a type of hookah or water pipe for smoking marijuana or other drugs.
- a deep reverberating sound, as of a large bell
- to make a deep reverberating sound
- a type of water pipe for smoking marijuana, crack, etc
“water pipe for marijuana,” 1960s, U.S. slang, said to have been introduced by Vietnam War veterans, said to be from Thai baung, literally “cylindrical wooden tube.”