- a ribbon or other marker placed between the pages of a book to mark a place.
- a .
- Digital Technology.
- Also called favorite.a link to a website address saved electronically in a browser to facilitate quick access to the web page.
- an electronic pointer created in a computer file to facilitate quick access to a specific part of the text.
verb (used with object)
- Digital Technology. to create a bookmark for: I bookmarked ten of my favorite blogs.
- Also called: bookmarker a strip or band of some material, such as leather or ribbon, put between the pages of a book to mark a place
- an address for a website stored on a computer so that the user can easily return to the site
- an identifier placed in a document so that part of the document can be accessed easily
- (tr) computing
- to identify and store (a website) so that one can return to it easily
- to place a bookmark in (a document)
also book-mark, 1840, from (n.) + (n.1). Bookmarker is older (1838). As a verb, by 1900. Related: Bookmarked; bookmarking.