- the act or process of making or enlarging a hole.
- the hole so made.
- Geology. a cylindrical sample of earth strata obtained by boring a vertical hole.
- borings, the chips, fragments, or dust produced in boring.
- the act or process of making or enlarging a hole
- the hole made in this way
- (often plural) a fragment, particle, chip, etc, produced during boring
- dull; repetitious; uninteresting
mid-15c., “action of piercing,” from bore (v.). From 1853 in reference to animals that bore; 1840 in the sense “wearying, causing ennui.”