- committed or recommitted to religious faith through an intensely religious experience: a born-again Christian.
- reactivated or revitalized: a born-again conservatism in American politics.
- enthusiastically committed: a born-again jogger.
- a person who is characterized by a newfound faith or enthusiasm.
- having experienced conversion, esp to evangelical Christianity
- showing the enthusiasm of one newly converted to any causea born-again monetarist
- a person who shows fervent enthusiasm for a new-found cause, belief, etc
of Protestant Christians, by 1920, based on John iii:3. Used in figurative (non-religious) sense by 1977.