- Arthur,1864–1936, U.S. journalist.
- a seaport in and the capital of Queensland, in E Australia.
- a state in NE Australia. 670,500 sq. mi. (1,736,595 sq. km). Capital: Brisbane.
- a port in E Australia, the capital of Queensland: founded in 1824 as a penal settlement; vast agricultural hinterland. Pop: 1 508 161 (2001)
- a state of NE Australia: fringed on the Pacific side by the Great Barrier Reef; the Great Dividing Range lies in the east, separating the coastal lowlands from the dry Great Artesian Basin in the south. Capital: Brisbane. Pop: 3 840 111 (2003 est). Area: 1 727 500 sq km (667 000 sq miles)
Australian state, founded 1859 and named forVictoria of Great Britain.
Capital of Queensland state and largest city in the state; located in easternon the ; the third-largest city in Australia, after and .