- a street in New York City, famous for its theaters, restaurants, and bright lights.
- the theater district located on or near this street, especially as the center of the professional or commercial theater in the U.S.
- (of a play, theatrical performance, etc.) pertaining to, suitable for, or produced in the commercial theater, especially on Broadway: a Broadway show.
- acting or working on Broadway: a Broadway producer; a Broadway star.
- characteristic of or frequenting the theater district on Broadway.
- garish; tawdry.
- a thoroughfare in New York City, famous for its theatres: the centre of the commercial theatre in the US
- of or relating to or suitable for the commercial theatre, esp on Broadway
common street name, from(adj.) + (n.); the allusive use for “New York theater district” is first recorded 1881.
The central group of theaters presenting live drama in. Many of them are located on or adjacent to the street called (see also ) in .
A street in, in , that passes through .