- a region in S Italy. 2,048,901. 5828 sq. mi. (15,100 sq. km). Capital: Reggio Calabria.
- an ancient district at the extreme SE part of the Italian peninsula.
- of or relating to Calabria or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Calabria
- a region of SW Italy: mostly mountainous and subject to earthquakes. Chief town: Reggio di Calabria. Pop: 2 007 392 (2003 est). Area: 15 080 sq km (5822 sq miles)
- an ancient region of extreme SE Italy (3rd century bc to about 668 ad); now part of Apulia