< /kælˈkɛər i ə/. Glassmaking.
- a reverberatory furnace for preparing frit.
noun plural calcaria (kælˈkɛərɪə)
- a spur or spurlike process, as on the leg of a bird or the corolla of a flower
n. pl. cal•car•i•a (kăl-kâr′ē-ə)
- A small spurlike projection from a structure.
- An internal septum at the level of division of arteries and confluence of veins when branches or roots form an acute angle.
- A dull spine or projection from a bone.
- A horny outgrowth from the skin.
- A spur or spurlike projection, such as one found on the base of a petal or on the wing or leg of a bird.