- a substance produced by or used in a chemical process.
- chemicals, Slang. narcotic or mind-altering drugs or substances.
- of, used in, produced by, or concerned with chemistry or chemicals: a chemical formula; chemical agents.
- used in chemical warfare: chemical weapons.
- any substance used in or resulting from a reaction involving changes to atoms or molecules, especially one derived artificially for practical use
- of or used in chemistrychemical balance
- of, made from, or using chemicalschemical fertilizer
1747, from chemical (adj.). Related: Chemicals.
- Of or relating to chemistry.
- Of or relating to the properties or actions of chemicals.
- A substance with a distinct molecular composition that is produced by or used in a chemical process.
- A drug, especially an illicit or addictive one.
- Relating to or produced by means of chemistry.
- A substance having a specific molecular composition, obtained by or used in a chemical process.