- a state in N Mexico. 94,831 sq. mi. (245,610 sq. km).
- the capital of this state.
- one of a Mexican or Aztec breed of very small dogs having either short or long hair of any one of a variety of colors.
- a state of N Mexico: mostly high plateau; important mineral resources, with many silver mines. Capital: Chihuahua. Pop: 728 000 (2005 est). Area: 247 087 sq km (153 194 sq miles)
- a city in N Mexico, capital of Chihuahua state. Pop: 650 000 (2000 est)
- a breed of tiny dog originally from Mexico, having short smooth hair, large erect ears, and protruding eyes
dog breed, 1858, from the city and state in Mexico, said to be from a lost native word that meant “dry place.”