adjective, chill·i·er, chill·i·est.
- mildly cold or producing a sensation of cold; causing shivering; chill: a chilly breeze.
- feeling cold; sensitive to cold: Her hands were chilly.
- without warmth of feeling; cool: a chilly reply.
- producing or likely to produce a feeling of fear; frightening: He told a chilly story of ghosts and murder.
- Also chill·i·ly. in a chill manner: The wind blew chilly.
adjective -lier or -liest
- causing or feeling cool or moderately cold
- without warmth; unfriendly
- (of people) sensitive to cold