- marked by or being in sprightly good humor and health.
verb (used without object)
- to chirp or twitter.
- to chatter or babble.
- a person or thing that or cuts.
- a machine that grinds up logs, tree trunks, discarded Christmas trees, etc., into wood .
- Slang. a person who uses narcotic drugs only occasionally or in small doses.
- cheerful; lively
- smartly dressed
- Irish and Scot informal a fish-and-chip shop
1834, “lively, nimble,” American English, from northern British dialectal kipper “nimble, frisky,” the origin of which is obscure.