- the supernatural power of seeing objects or actions removed in space or time from natural viewing.
- quick, intuitive knowledge of things and people; sagacity.
- the alleged power of perceiving things beyond the natural range of the sensesSee also
- keen intuitive understanding
“paranormal gift of seeing things out of sight,” 1837, from special use of French clairvoyance (Old French clerveans, 13c.) “quickness of understanding, sagacity, penetration,” from clairvoyant (see ). A secondary sense in French is the main sense in English.
- The perception of objects or events that cannot be perceived by the senses.