- Clara,1821–1912, U.S. philanthropist who organized the American Red Cross in 1881.
- Derek H(arold) R(ichard),1918–98, English chemist: Nobel Prize 1969.
- Sir Edmund,1849–1920, Australian jurist and statesman: prime minister 1901–03.
- a male given name.
- archaic a farmyard
- Sir Derek (Harold Richard). 1918–98, British organic chemist: shared the Nobel prize for chemistry (1969) for his work on conformational analysis
- Sir Edmund 1849–1920, Australian statesman; first prime minister of Australia (1901–03)
- Elizabeth, known as the Maid of Kent . ?1506–34, English nun, who claimed the gift of prophecy. Her criticism of Henry VIII’s attempt to annul his first marriage led to her execution
- John (Bernard Adie). born 1928, British theatre director, noted esp for his productions of Shakespeare
- American administrator who did battlefield relief work during the Civil War and organized the American Red Cross (1881).