- Biology. resembling a lattice; divided or marked like latticework.
- Chemistry. a substance in which a molecule of one compound fills a cavity within the crystal lattice of another compound.
- resembling a net or lattice
- chem a solid compound in which molecules of one substance are physically trapped in the crystal lattice of another
- Having a latticelike structure or appearance.
- Of or relating to inclusion complexes in a chemical compound in which molecules of one substance are completely enclosed within the crystal structure of another.
- A clathrate compound, such as urea.