noun, plural co·quilles [koh-keelz; French kaw-kee-yuh] /koʊˈkilz; French kɔˌki yə/.
- any of various seafood or chicken dishes baked with a sauce and usually served in a scallop shell or a shell-shaped serving dish.
- the cooking utensil for baking such dishes, usually a scallop shell or small casserole resembling a shell.
- a cooking utensil, filled with charcoal, for roasting meat on a spit.
- the shell of an escargot.
- any dish, esp seafood, served in a scallop shellCoquilles St Jacques
- a scallop shell, or dish resembling a shell
- fencing a bell-shaped hand guard on a foil