- any reptile of the order Crocodylia, comprising the true and the alligators, caimans, and gavials.
- of, like, or pertaining to a .
- hypocritical; insincere.
- any large predatory reptile of the order Crocodilia, which includes the crocodiles, alligators, and caymans. They live in or near water and have a long broad snout, powerful jaws, a four-chambered heart, and socketed teeth
- of, relating to, or belonging to the Crocodilia
- of, relating to, or resembling a crocodile
- Any of various semiaquatic reptiles of the order Crocodilia, including the alligators, crocodiles, caimans, and gavials. Crocodilians are squat, massive, and lizardlike, with long, powerful jaws, long, heavy tails, short legs, and thick, plated skin. Like dinosaurs, crocodilians are archosaurs, and their closest modern relatives are the birds.