- a reversible fabric of linen, silk, cotton, or wool, woven with patterns.
- napery of this material.
- Also called damask steel.Damascus steel.
- the pattern or wavy appearance peculiar to the surface of such steel.
- the pink color of the damask rose.
- made of or resembling damask: damask cloth.
- of the pink color of the damask rose.
verb (used with object)
- to damascene.
- to weave or adorn with elaborate design, as damask cloth.
- a reversible fabric, usually silk or linen, with a pattern woven into it. It is used for table linen, curtains, etc
- table linen made from this
- (as modifier)a damask tablecloth
- short for Damascus steel
- the wavy markings on such steel
- the greyish-pink colour of the damask rose
- (as adjective)damask wallpaper
- (tr) another word for damascene (def. 1)
late 14c., Damaske “cloth from Damascus,” the Syrian city.