- of or relating to the Danes, their country, or their language.
- a North Germanic language, the language of Denmark, closely related to Norwegian, Swedish, and Icelandic.
- (sometimes lowercase) Danish pastry.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Denmark, its people, or their language
- the official language of Denmark, belonging to the North Germanic branch of the Indo-European family
Old English Denisc “people of Denmark” (see Dane); danish pastry is 1934; shortened form danish is from 1963.