- a rocky plateau in SW England, in Devonshire. About 20 miles (30 km) long.
- a prison on this plateau.
- one of an English breed of sheep having coarse, long wool.
- one of an English breed of pony originating in Devon, noted for sure-footedness and longevity.
- a moorland plateau in SW England, in SW Devon: a national park since 1951. Area: 945 sq km (365 sq miles)
- a prison in SW England, on Dartmoor: England’s main prison for long-term convicts
- a small strong breed of pony, originally from Dartmoor
- a hardy coarse-woolled breed of sheep originally from Dartmoor