- serving to declare, make known, or explain: a declarative statement.
- another word for declarative
- (of a statute) stating the existing law on a particular subject; explanatory
- (of a decree or judgment) stating the rights of the parties without specifying the action to be taken
- making or having the nature of a declaration
mid-15c., from Medieval Latin declaratorius, from Latin declarator, from declarare (see declare).
mid-15c., from French déclaratif and directly from Late Latin declarativus, from past participle stem of Latin declarare (see declare).