- a person who decodes messages or the like.
- a device for decoding cryptograms, codes, or the like, as an electric or electronic apparatus that transforms arbitrary input signals into letters, words, etc.
- Navigation. an electronic circuit designed to respond only to certain signals and to reject others.
- Computers. a circuit designed to produce a single output when actuated by a certain combination of inputs.
- Television. a box attached to a television set containing circuitry to unscramble encoded signals, as cable-television programs or closed captions, so that the signals can be displayed on the screen.
- An electronic or software device that converts telecommunication signals from their transmitted form into a form interpretable to other devices or to human beings.