- the gradual reduction in atmospheric pressure experienced by divers, construction workers, etc., after working in deep water or breathing compressed air.
- the act or process of releasing from pressure.
- Surgery. the procedure of relieving increased cranial, cardiac, or orbital pressure.
- a state of relief from pressure; a return to normalcy after a stressful period or situation.
- Computers. the restoration of data that has undergone compression to its original state.
- The relief of pressure on a body part by surgery.
- The restoration of deep-sea divers and caisson workers to atmospheric pressure by means of a decompression chamber.