verb (used with object)
- to mar the natural form or shape of; put out of shape; disfigure: In cases where the drug was taken during pregnancy, its effects deformed the infants.
- to make ugly, ungraceful, or displeasing; mar the beauty of; spoil: The trees had been completely deformed by the force of the wind.
- to change the form of; transform.
- Geology, Mechanics. to subject to deformation: The metal was deformed under stress.
verb (used without object)
- to undergo deformation.
- deformed; ugly.
- to make or become misshapen or distorted
- (tr) to mar the beauty of; disfigure
- (tr) to subject or be subjected to a stress that causes a change of dimensions