- the act of deforming; distortion; disfigurement.
- the result of deforming; change of form, especially for the worse.
- an altered form.
- Geology, Mechanics. a change in the shape or dimensions of a body, resulting from stress; strain.
- the act of deforming; distortion
- the result of deforming; a change in form, esp for the worse
- a change in the dimensions of an object resulting from a stress
mid-15c., “transformation,” from Old French deformation and directly from Latin deformationem (nominative deformatio), noun of action from past participle stem of deformare (see deform).
- An alteration in shape or structure of a previously normally formed part.
- A deformity.