- depression or lowness of spirits.
- Medicine/Medical, Physiology.
- evacuation of the bowels; fecal discharge.
- lowness of spirits; depression; melancholy
- faecal matter evacuated from the bowels; excrement
- the act of defecating; defecation
early 15c., from Old French dejection “abjection, depravity; casting down” and directly from Latin dejectionem (nominative dejectio), noun of action from past participle stem of dejicere “to cast down” (see deject).
- Lowness of spirits; depression; melancholy.
- The evacuation of the bowels; defecation.
- Feces; excrement.