adjective Also dem·o·graph·i·cal.
- of or relating to demography, the science of vital and social statistics.
- a single vital or social statistic of a human population, as the number of births or deaths.
- a specific segment of a population having shared characteristics: The producers were looking for a show that would appeal to the 18-34 demographic.
- of or relating to demography
- a section of the population sharing common characteristics, such as age, sex, class, etc
1891, from demography + -ic. As a noun, by 1998, short for demographic group or category. Related: Demographical; demographically.
- Of or relating to demography.