- tending to depress.
- characterized by depression, especially mental depression.
- a person suffering from a depressive illness.
- tending to depress; causing depression
- psychol tending to be subject to periods of depressionSee also manic-depressive
1610s, from Latin depress-, past participle stem of deprimere (see depress) + -ive. In psychology, from 1905.
- Tending to depress or lower.
- Depressing; gloomy.
- Of or relating to psychological depression.
- A person suffering from psychological depression.