noun, plural dick·eys.
- an article of clothing made to look like the front or collar of a shirt, blouse, vest, etc., worn as a separate piece under another garment, as a jacket or dress.Compare vest(def 2), vestee.
- a detachable linen shirt collar.
- a bib or pinafore worn by a child.
- a small bird.
- a donkey, especially a male.
- an outside seat on a carriage.
- British. rumble seat(def 1).
adjective Chiefly British Slang.
- not working properly; faulty: I’m fed up with this dickey air conditioner.
- James,1923–97, U.S. poet and novelist.
- WilliamBill, 1907–93, U.S. baseball player.